Family Pictures

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swimming, Softball, and a New Friend

So I just thought I would check in since I am trying to stay more updated these days.
Well, Ally has started swim lessons, she has gone twice now and so far so good. She is NOT afraid of the water but can't quiet figure out how to hold her breath under water. She immeditly goes for the open mouth approach when goes under, of course only to find herself gasping for air when she comes back up. I know it's only her second class but I really wish she would stop doing that (it freaks me out I have to say) Otherwise she is doing very well and likes to play in the water. I'll let you know how it goes over the next few weeks.

Dan has been playing more and more softball every weekend. He plays on a team Sunday nights but has recently started playing on Saturday's for the church league. Most of the time on Saturday it's two games, he could even play three if he wanted. All this softball is great but I rarely get to see him play (because of the times of the games) Either way I think it's great that he is playing and I know Ally loves to go to the games and watch him.

Well, I guess that's good for now. I still have a house to clean and lunch to make. Oh, by the way, we are also watching Riley, he is a wonderfully behaved doxie. We have him for a week while the Frazier family is at a retreat in Colorado. Ally could not be more excited! She loves this dog already and he has only been with us a few days. I think it will be hard to give him back for all of us but I'm sure his family misses him terribly. Thanks Riley for being such a great dog!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So glad that you guys enjoyed having Riley stay with you. I'm so glad he was good. Thanks again -- it was such a relief knowing he was being taken care of!! :-)